We at the Wings go beyond recovery. We believe in restoration of the mind, body and soul, through being born again in the Spirit. Our objective is not to see people cope with a crippling disease, but to overcome through the power of God. Our outreach ministry is made up of individuals who have accepted this reality and are willing to give back to others. Through powerful testimonies, and a fervency to see lives changed, our team does weekly outreaches throughout Mobile County and the surrounding areas in the deepest, darkest neighborhoods in Mobile. Listed below are a few of the monthly or weekly ministries flowing out of Wings Of Life. (click each one for website)
- Metro Jail Ministry
- 104 services a year @ Strickland Youth Facility
- Weekly Bible Study and Character Building@Optimist Boys and Girls Club
- Partnered with Mobile Public Schools (Drug awareness, Stop The Violence and anti-bullying campaigns)
- Monthly Outreaches In RV TAYLOR Housing Projects and PEACH PLACE Apts.
- Music Ministry
- Traveling throughout the Southeast to churches, rehabs, teen centers, etc.
- For more on our outreaches click this link WOL OUTREACH
- The Wings of Life food ministry is a lifeline to those in need. As Jesus said "when I was Hungry you fed me". Out of our kitchen we prepare and serve over 180,000 meals a year to those in need. Operated by Dove Foundation Bible students, 90 day residents and overseen by managers and supervisors, our food ministry is a blessing to many. Under staff supervision and a group of dedicated volunteers, we are able to distibute over 10,000 pounds of food a week throughout Mobile County to needy families and the elderly! If you would like to partner with us in distributing food to needy please call Brother Sean or H. B. @ 251-432-5245.
- Serving over 180,00 hot meals a year to those in need
- Distributing over 10,000 pounds of food a week to needy families in Mobile County.
On Saturdays 7am-2pm the Wings serves as a day shelter to the local homeless community. We provide them with access to showers, toiletries, clothing and food. They attend our Bible studies @ 7:30 and 11:30. We have seen many men and women decide to enter our program and begin to allow God to peice their life back together. We work with the Homeless coalition, Housing first, and others agencies. If you, your church, or your youth group would like to help serve the homeless, contact Sean Johnson@ 251-432-5245